The site visits are free but require registration here at the website. See the ‘Registration’ section below for more details.
Site Visits no. 1 – 3 are provided by State of Green Tours
Site Visit no. 4 is provided by the Danish Architecture Center (DAC)
Site Visit no. 5 is organized by Green Growth Leaders in collaboration with Better Place and Edelskov Coach Service.
Site visits depart from the venue hotel: Hotel Kong Arthur, Nørre Søgade 11, DK-1370 København.
Please see descriptions and programs below.
- 08:30 -12:30 -Visit to Avedore Combined Heat and Power Plant DONG Energy- A combined heat and power plant that has facilities consisting of several parts that, when combined, can make record-high use od the energy in the fuels. By simultaneusly generating heat and electricity, the plant utilizes as much as 94% of the nergy in the fuels and has an electrical efficiency of 49%. An achievement that makes the unit one of the most efficient in the world. PROGRAM
- 08:30 -12:30 – Boat Tour to Middelgrunden Off Shore Wind Farm -already today, wind power is a part of the energy mix in more than 70 countries and under the right circumstances 12% of the global electricity consumption can be supplied from wind power by 2020. That means a yearly reduction of 1.5 billion tonnes of CO2. PROGRAM
- 08:30 -12:30 – Copenhagen Harbor bath -Presentation of the initiatives in the Municipality, the 2025 strategy and a chance to see one of several harbor bath.
Visit to sustainable building -The authoritives, architects, the private business community and concerned citizens are all trying to do the math and figure out how they can contribute to the reduce the CO2 emission so that summer will not turn into spring without fall and winter to seperate them. PROGRAM
- 08:30 -12:30 – Innovative and environmentally friendly mobility: Copenhagen leads the way Join us on a tour around the City and come close the different mobility solutions that constitute the heart of the way the Copenhageners are using their city. You will experience many of the different transportation forms that make Copenhagen one of the greenest capitals: the city bike, the harbour bus, the metro, the green bicycle route and not least the electric shuttle bus. Along this tour you will also get an overview of the new architecture that has been build during the last ten years inclusive the new Flintholm Station that with its modern architecture and innovative design is an icon of public transportation in Copenhagen. Professionals will meet us along the tour and give you an exclusive insight in the way Copenhagen thinks green mobility.
Guide: Per Als, Chief Transport Executive, Copenhagen City. Organizer: DAC
- 08:00 – 10:30 Better Place Demonstration Center: The aim for Better Place is to reduce global oil dependency by setting up electric vehicle infrastructures. At the demonstration center, you will be greeted by Mr. Thomas Hedegaard, Business Development Manager at Better Place and you can learn about the benefits of the EV model, and gain user experience through interactive media, real test drives of electric vehicles, a Renault Fluence, Q&A sessions with our staff, and more. This site visit will depart earlier than the others and will take you back in time for a short break before the conference begins.